Biostatistics Apprenticeships are plug-n-play training programs for employers to onboard entry-level biostatisticians. This may include a military veteran, student, mother or father returning to the workforce or an individual coming off disability.
Our biostatistics apprenticeships program provides on the job training.
Earn while you learn in these areas of our biostatistics apprenticeships:
Biostatistics apprenticeships opportunity includes a certification upon completion.
One- to two-year biostatistics apprenticeships includes the goal of becoming an employee upon completion of program. Clinical Data Managers are responsible for collecting data from clinical trials created for pharmaceuticals, biologics, or devices. Ensures data collected is accurately, groups data properly, solves operational problems, and may prepare statistical reports.
Responsibilities in Biostatistics Apprenticeships
- Develop Statistical Analysis Plans (SAP), mock-up tables, programming and derived dataset specifications.
- Determine study randomization scheme from protocol and assume responsibility for providing a correct Randomization Specification for the study.
- Programming and Quality Control of derived datasets and Tables, Figures and Listings (TFL)
- Participate in data review and provide statistical analyses as needed.
- Write the statistical section of the Clinical Study Report (CSR) and collaborate with medical writer in preparing the integrated CSR.
- Assume responsibility for writing a Statistical Report as needed.
- Assist with protocol development including experimental design, randomization, sample size calculation, statistical methods, defining study objectives and endpoints.
- Collaborate with Data Management by reviewing Data Management Plan (DMPs), electronic Case Report Forms (eCRFs) and edit check specifications.
- Other duties commensurate with the position as assigned by line manager.
- Work with complex computerized records systems and maintain security and integrity.
- Collect data from clinical trials.
- Sort information and then ensure it’s screened, grouped, summarized, transcribed, coded.
- Prioritize work in line with project management decisions.
Provide clerical duties such as data entry, transcription, coding, and collating searches.
- Manage clinical trials through review, computerization, cleaning and auditing of clinical and safety data and databases in compliance with standard operating procedures, client guidelines and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Validate clinical trial or safety data to ensure consistency, integrity and accuracy based on project specific guidelines.
- Generate data retrievals and summaries.
- Query data inconsistencies and revise case report forms in compliance with standard operating procedures. Perform query resolution and initiate direct contact / follow up with sites for additional information.
- Review case report forms for completeness and consistency.
- Implement strategy for data cleaning and the design and programming of clinical databases.
- Review and approve design, data review ground rules and database design according to Standard Operating procedures and protocol
Consult with other employees to solve operational or data problems.
Find out more
If you are interested in starting your career with one of our biostatistics apprenticeships then apply below or visit the Hot Jobs Section for all positions.
Host a Biostatistics Apprentice
If you are interested in hosting an apprentice for the duration of the one to two year apprenticeship, please contact us now. We will set up a call to determine your eligibility and answer all your questions.