Beer is Best
SCiftS and the Research Chef’s Association packed the Golden Road Brewing Company in Los Angeles to hear the world’s most knowledgeable beer researcher, Dr. Charlie Bamforth, a Distinguished Professor at UC Davis and the Anheuser-Busch Endowed Professor of Malting and Brewing Sciences talk about how beer is fun.
Here are a few interesting beer facts:
- Beer is the world’s favorite alcoholic beverage
- When consumed in moderation, beer can prevent cardiac disease and cognitive decline and strengthens bones
- Beer contains almost all of the minerals we need to survive
- There are 400 types of beer
- Beer has officially been made in space